- One Minute Response is provided by Vanquis Bank.
- We help people who want to build their credit rating. And have already helped over 1 million people!
- We provide a sensible way to stay in control of your money.
- Our Customer Service Call Centre is in Chatham, Kent and our Head Office is in London.
- Our parent company was established over 130 years ago in Bradford, Yorkshire.
One Minute Response - Your One Stop Shop For Credit Card Know How
We help people who have been turned down for credit elsewhere
For many people the convenience of a credit card seems out of reach. It doesn't have to be that way. If you've been turned down elsewhere, don't despair. We'll look at what you can afford to pay back and help you take the first steps towards a brighter financial future.
We’ll help you manage your money and credit limit
As a responsible lender, Vanquis Bank will seek to provide you with a credit limit that reflects your needs and your ability to manage your account. As a new customer, you'll start with an easy to manage credit limit between £150 and £1,000. You could get a credit limit increase on your 4th statement and further increases every 4 months, up to £3,000.
To be considered for a credit limit increase, you should make use of your credit limit without going overlimit and make your payments on time. By using your credit limit and keeping your account in order, you demonstrate to us that you can manage your account well and can handle the monthly repayments.
Please also keep your other accounts such as credit cards, loans, catalogues, mobile phone and mortgages in order and don’t take on too much debt elsewhere. Please remember this is just a guide and meeting this criteria does not guarantee you a credit limit increase.
We offer a responsible and reliable financial service
We pride ourselves on being a responsible lender. We’re open about our pricing and products so you won't get any unpleasant surprises.
We are a UK based company
Vanquis Bank is a UK based credit card company. You can trace our roots back to Bradford nearly 130 years ago when our parent company Provident Financial was established. Vanquis Bank was formed in 2002 and has accepted over 1 million customers in the UK.
Our customers are the focus of what we do. Our call centre in Chatham, Kent, is dedicated to giving you all the support you need. That means you’ll be talking to someone who understands your situation, needs and who will work with you to help where they can.
We are part of the Provident Financial Group
Vanquis Bank is part of Provident Financial, a leading UK financial provider. The company was founded in Bradford in 1880 by Joshua Kelley Waddilove, who devised a system to help local families buy what they needed, when they needed it with vouchers that could be used in local shops. The families then paid back the vouchers in small affordable weekly instalments.
Since then Provident Financial has grown and grown, leading to the establishment of a home credit group in the 1990s and the formation of Vanquis Bank in 2002. Provident Financial is now a FTSE 250 company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Over 36,000 customers accepted!
- The Customer Service call centre is set up at Chatham in Kent.
- The FSA grants Vanquis Bank a Banking Licence.
- Vanquis Bank launches its first direct mail campaign with the first credit cards issued in May.
Over 196,000 customers accepted!
- Staffing levels are increased at Vanquis Bank head office requiring a move to new premises in Arthur Street, London.
Over 485,000 customers accepted!
- Vanquis Bank tests various new marketing channels such as door-drops and magazine inserts.
Over 840,000 customers accepted!
- Vanquis Bank launches a new brand identity.
- New website and credit cards are launched.
- Aquis Card and Black Diamond card launched.
- Winner of Credit Today's 2009 Credit Card Provider of the Year
One Minute response launched to help people find the right card for them!
- Winner of Credit Today's 2011 Credit Card Provider of the Year